- • Consulting Vitreo-Retinal Surgeon & Uvea Specialist.
- • Ex Comprehensive & Vitreo-Retina & Uvea Fellow, L.V. Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad.
- • Ex Vitreo-Retina & Uvea Consultant, Centre for Sight, Agra
- • Ex Vitreo-Retina & Uvea Consultant, Gandhi Eye Hospital, Aligarh.
Medical & Surgical Experience:
• Well versed and experienced in managing medical retinal disorders like diabetic retinopathy, age-related macular degeneration, retinal vascular disorders like venous occlusion and choroidal pathologies.
• Expertise in choice and application of available intravitreal anti-vascular endothelial growth factors (Anti VEGF) – Avastin / Accentrix / Eylea / Razumab / Macugen, as indicated for different pathologies.
• Qualified and skilled to perform different retinal lasers like pan-retinal photocoagulation (PRP), focal laser, sectoral laser and barrage laser.
• Well competent in vitreoretinal surgeries indicated for a macular hole, rhegmatogenous retinal detachment, tractional retinal detachment, scleral buckling as indicated in detachments.
• Experience of managing open globe injuries including scleral tear repair, intraocular foreign body removal and traumatic retinal detachments.
• Well versed with techniques of scleral fixated IOL / Glued IOL / Secondary IOL in cases of the nucleus or IOL dislocation and correcting surgical aphakia.
• Skilled and trained for treatment (Laser / Anti-VEGF) of retinopathy of prematurity in newborns (ROP)
• Special interest in the management of endophthalmitis and uveitis
1.Clinical Ophthalmology. 2015: 9, 649-655.Filamentous fungal endophthalmitis: results of combination therapy with intravitreal amphotericin B and voriconazole. Mithal K, Pathengay A, Bawdekar A, Jindal A, Vira D, Relhan N, Choudhury H, Gupta N, Gupta V, Koday NK, Flynn HW Jr.
2. Idiopathic Hypertrophic Cranial Pachymeningitis Presenting As Recurrent Multiple Cranial Nerve Palsies: Case Report And Review Of Literature Delhi J Ophthalmol 2015; 25 (3): 179-182Sachdeva V, Gupta N, Mittal V, Chandrasekharan A, Kekunnaya R, Suresh T
3. A Novel Mutation in Helical Domain 2 of NOD2 in Sporadic Blau Syndrome Case Reports: Ocul Immunol Inflamm 2018;26(2):292-294. Jain L, Gupta N, Reddy M, Mittal R, Barik M, Panigrahi B, Monie T, Basu S